Re: Konsole keys problem

On Monday 01 October 2001 09:29, Hendrik Sattler wrote:

> the home and end keys in konsole do not work anymore (I tried every
> keyboard setting there). Strange is that when I ssh to a host with X3.3.6
> they work, on a host with X4.1 they don't.
> Bug??? Compilation problem???

It is a problem with the upgrade from konsole from 2.1 to 2.2. Downgrading to
2.1.1 from testing resolved the problem. Comparing the keytab's for xterm
4.x.x there is the difference :

konsole 2.1.1:
key Home  -Shift   : "\EOH"
key End   -Shift   : "\EOF"

konsole 2.2.1:
key Home  -Shift   : "\E[1~"
key End   -Shift   : "\E[4~"

The solution is thus:
copy the default.Keytab file to <anyname>.keytab, modify to represent the old
config, save, restart konsole et voila.

Alex