Re: Konsole keys problem

Am Montag, 1. Oktober 2001 16:20 schrieb Achim Bohnet:
> On Monday 01 October 2001 09:29, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > the home and end keys in konsole do not work anymore (I tried every
> > keyboard setting there). Strange is that when I ssh to a host with X3.3.6
> > they work, on a host with X4.1 they don't.
> > Bug??? Compilation problem???
>
> Can you give an example what does not work anymore?

4.1 (local), the same on the remote X3.3.6 host:
<home> output: ^[[1~
<end> output: ^[[4~
(local):
linux:/usr/share/apps/konsole# egrep Home\|End default.Keytab
key Home  -Shift   : "\E[1~"
key End   -Shift   : "\E[4~"
remote has nothing like such a file.

all such files on local:
linux:/usr/share/apps/konsole# egrep Home\|End *eytab
default.Keytab:key Home  -Shift   : "\E[1~"
default.Keytab:key End   -Shift   : "\E[4~"
linux.keytab:key Home   : "\E[1~"
linux.keytab:key End    : "\E[4~"
vt100.keytab:key Home   : "\E[H"
vt100.keytab:key End    : "\E[F"
vt420pc.keytab:key Home   : "\E[H"
vt420pc.keytab:key End    : "\E[F"
x11r5.keytab:key Home           : "\E[1~"
x11r5.keytab:key End            : "\E[4~"

On all aother settings like vt100 or vt420, I do not get any result.
The terminal type is set to "xterm" by Konsole and the matching terminfo file
is present.

> ds10(0) /usr/share/apps/konsole > cat
> ^[[H^[[F
>
> I should correspond to what's written in the keytab file you use:

It does but it has no effect on the functioning.

> Maybe the terminfo/cap config has changed?  Does Home/End work with

There is no problem with the keys in xterm or any other KDE2.2 program, only
Konsole seems to be affected :-/
My X-Keyboard is defined like this:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
        Option      "XkbModel" "microsoft"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "de"
EndSection
This is exactly the same as in KDE2.1 and X4.0.3 (I did not change both at
the same time, so it's also not the combination with the X version.
KDE2.1->2.2 changed last.)

Actually it is funny because before the change to 2.2, it work locally but
not on remote hosts (with debian 2.2 and old xlibs). I wonder why there were
reasons to change the whole X keyboard codes thingie. It seems that X
developers love the change and incompatibility :-/
And why, actually, does need X another keyboard driver than the
console/kernel??? Are there so many differnent ways to read keyboard input???
This is really confusing (and probably very OT).

HS

        oder über pgp.net

PingoS - Linux-User helfen Schulen: http://www.pingos.schulnetz.org