Re: buglets: kdebase and kdm 2.1.1-7 in sid

> > 1.  Would I be a rude ass to ask for a "clean-up" script?
> >          (e.g. throughout a number of changes, updates, etc files were
> > created, used, discarded, left, but no deleted.)
>
> well...there should be nothing outside of /home...if there is that is a
> packaging bug (or even rarely a upstream bug) which needs to be reported...

it's not that simple - at least i think so. unproven theory:
config files are not removed, unless you set a package on "purge".
upgrading (of course) does not include purging, so the config files
remain. if you then purge the upgraded package, the configs, which were
part of the earlier version but not of the later one, will stay there.
does this make sense or is dpkg more clever?

best regards

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.