Re: KDE & euro

On Saturday 10 November 2001 15:21, Walter Hofmann wrote:

> I use
>   echo "keycode  26 = e E EuroSign cent" | xmodmap -
> to make the Alt-Gr+E key work.

For my system the following is true:

If my /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/de contains the lines

 key <AD03> {        [         e,    E               ],
                     [                               ]       };

I can do a `echo "keycode  26 = e E EuroSign cent" | xmodmap -` to
make AltGr+e and AltGr+E work.

If my /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/de contains the lines

 key <AD03> {        [         e,    E               ],
                     [  EuroSign,    cent            ]       };

AltGr+e and AltGr+E work without `echo "keycode ..."` (see above).

> I set the font in KDE to one with
> charset ISO-8859-15 and I can see the Euro in all KDE applications
> except "konsole". In konsole, I just get a question mark. (I use
> the Unicode font setting, but even choosing a ISO-8859-15 font
> didn't change that.
>
> I tried to use
>   echo "keycode  26 = e E currency cent" | xmodmap -
> but now I get the generic currency sign in all KDE applications.
> The konsole displays the generic currency sign if I use the Unicode
> setting, but I get question marks with the ISO-8859-15 fonts.
>
> What font are you using with the konsole program?

I use the font misc-fixed with iso8859-15 character set in konsole.
For me € (EuroSign) and ¢ (cent) work with misc-fixed and all other
fonts that provide the iso8859-15 character set as well as with the
Unicode font setting.

Jan