Mouse problems after upgrading to Woody (X4)

After an upgrade to Woody and X 4 , and quite a bit of a trouble to be
able to get my X back to work, T can't get my mouse to work correctly.
>From time to time it gets frozen
This is the output of the X session:

(==) NV(0): Backing store disabled
(==) NV(0): Silken mouse enabled
(**) NV(0): DPMS enabled
(II) Keyboard "Generic Keyboard" handled by legacy driver
(**) Configured Mouse: Protocol: "ImPS/2"
(**) Configured Mouse: Core Pointer
(==) Configured Mouse: Buttons: 3
(**) Configured Mouse: Emulate3Buttons, Emulate3Timeout: 50
(**) Configured Mouse: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
(**) Generic Mouse: Protocol: "ImPS/2"
(**) Generic Mouse: always reports core events
(EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/input/mice
No such file or directory.
(EE) Generic Mouse: cannot open input device
(EE) PreInit failed for input device "Generic Mouse"
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Configured Mouse"
(type: MOUSE)

And this is my XF86Config related to mouse:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier  "Mouse1"
Driver      "mouse"
Option "Protocol"    "IMPS/2"