Re: Docking Station and KDE?

I was able to get the rest of what I needed installed using dselect and
apt-get dselect-upgrade. This now has KDE2.1 working fine, but I still
can't get Docking Station to work. I still get the same error. The strange
thing is:

It worked fine on Progeny and the KDE2.0 out of the box on a 200Mhz Pentium
MMX.
It works fine on my own system which is Progeny, upgraded from the first
BETA release and Ivan's KDE2.1 on a PIII 350Mhz.
It never worked on my daughters system which is Progeny out of the box and
Ivan's KDE2.1.
It stopped working on the 200Mhz system once I upgraded KDE to 2.1 from
Ivan's site.

As the system I'm currently working on is a development project for a local
school, I'm not against wiping and re-installing a few times to see what
works and what doesn't. David Morgan says he has it running on a pure
Potato system with Ivan's KDE. I might try re-installing Progeny, without
KDE2.0, see if it works, then fetch KDE2.1 directly and see if it still
works. Failing that, I'll try a pure Potato system with KDE2.1. Either way,
I'm looking to see how this will run on diskless workstations. When I did
have it running, it was painfully slow, but I never checked the speed
directly on the server to see if this was due to running X over a 10Mhz
ethernet connection or from running it on a 200Mhz Pentium MMX server. I
might try waiting for the next freeze and see if that makes any
improvement. What are the chances that the 2.2 stuff will make it into the
freeze?

Thanks for all the support and updates.

Cheers,

     John Gay