Re: KDE Font sizes

Putz Ákos wrote:

> On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 12:46:58PM +0200, Stephan Jaensch wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I normally start KDE via gdm. The font sizes in konqueror for web browsing
> > are too small, and if I set the size to huge normal text is OK but the
> > headlines on Slashdot/Linuxtoday etc. are way too big. If I start KDE via
> > startx /usr/bin/kde2 however, all fonts are way bigger. Where can I adjust
> > the KDE font size when started via gdm to that bigger size?
>
> Only guessing : gdm starts X in 75dpi, startx starts it with 100dpi.

[Yeah, that's probably the case, but I think Stephan would also like a
fix to this situation.]

Stephan: There should be a file /etc/X11/gdm/Xservers with a line
resembling the following.

	:0 local /usr/bin/X11/X vt7 -deferglyphs 16 -dpi 100

Be sure that the value after -dpi reads 100.

This assumes that startx actually starts with 100dpi.  You can verify
that by looking at the file /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc.  There should be a
line like

	exec /usr/bin/X11/X -dpi 100 -nolisten tcp $*

Note, again the -dpi 100.

HTH,
Viktor
--