Re: KDE upgrade from potato to Woody

Note that "woody" and "unstable" are not the same thing. Use "testing" if
you want woody. If you change "stable" to "unstable", you will be upgrading
to sid.

Currently,

stable	= potato
testing	= woody
unstable	= sid

Both woody and sid have KDE and X, though different versions. sid currently
has X v.4.03-2, woody has 4.02-13. As far as I know, AA should work with
either.

So, as Ivan said, remove the kde.tdyc.com line from your
/etc/apt/sources.list, and change the word "stable" in the debian.org line
to either "testing" or "unstable", depending on your preference, i.e.,

ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free

Bruce

_______________

Hi,

> I have potato KDE 2.1.1 and potato X3.3.6. I want AA, an from all
> the posts it seems to me that my best option is to dist-upgrade to
> Woody.
>
> My question is: Do I need to upgrade my KDE as well, and if yes,
> what to put my sources list for this to happen? Here is what i have:
>
> ftp://ftp.linux.ee/pub/kde.tdyc.com/debian potato main crypto
>
> ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
>
> Do I just have to change potato to woody, and stable to unstable?
> Is this correct?

If you are planning on completely upgrading to woody then all you have to
do is remove the kde.tdyc.com lines from your sources.list file.  KDE is
in woody so the packages will be upgraded as well.

Ivan

Bruce Best
Staff Lawyer
Clinic Resource Office