Re: AA with potato (strictly)

söndagen den  6 maj 2001 22:33 skrev Jens Benecke:
> On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 05:13:38AM +1000, Rob Weir wrote:
> > > You can only do antialiasing if you do NOT use the NVIDIA drivers (the
> > > commercial ones). They cannot do it yet.
> >
> > I'm using the binary NVIDIA drivers from NVIDIA, with a TNT-1, under
> > X4.0.2 w/AA with no problems at all.  Is this what you mean?
>
> Yes, One of the NVIDIA developers said so in a mailing list (don't remember
> where). If you got it running, please tell me how - I only get segfaults as
> soon as I use an AA'able font or try QT_XFT=1 or enable AA in the control
> center.

It works for me (I think :-), in woody and a geforce 2 mx ...  "Qt_XFT=1
kwrite" doesn't complain ...I just followed the instructions. A short resume :

* install nvidias drivers.
* Change ?nv? to ?nvidia? in XF86Config-4
* I load the following modules in XF86Config-4
	Load        "dbe"   # Double buffer extension
	SubSection  "extmod"
		Option    "omit xfree86-dga"   # don't initialise the DGA extension
	EndSubSection

	Load        "type1"
	Load        "freetype"
	Load        "glx"

* restart your x-server
* test it and enable AA-support in control center

I do however just run xfs, and not any xfs*tt servers. It have perhaps
something to do with it. I do have two problems, kde studio for some reason
doesn't reconize true type font in it's editor window, it doesn't look good
when it trying to use the old ones. My second problem is konsole, there I
must run ?QT_XFT=0 konsole? (from a konsole :-/ ) to get the font correct.

My selection of fonts in control center is "?georiga?", "?courier new?",
"?georiga"?, "georiga?", "comic sans ms?", "?century schoolbook"?, "?arial?"
and I have "?times new roman?" in konqueror.

I hope it helps
	Martin