Re: kdelibs-dev uninstallable ... docbook-utils

On Mondayen den 23 April 2001 23:08, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:

>    c) The current kdb2html in kdelibs requires docbook-utils

I struggled with jade, a while ago, since I compile kde from CVS.
It once worked for me, but somehow it stopped working, and then
kde changed.

The solution for me was to ignore all help about how to install
jade for debian and kde, and just install the straight .deb files
for jade. I think it is:
jade
docbook
docbook-styles
and whatever they depend on, at least that's what I have
installed. docbook-dtd31 should not be installed since it is
included in the above debian files.

After this, I just wrote a very custom jw script, since I could
not get jw from docbook-utils to work together with kdb2html. At
the end of this letter is my jw script, which is capable of
converting the kde docbook files to html, but probably nothing
else (It's a fast hack, so don't ask me what of it is actually
needed) (beware of the extra linebreak in the jade command line
put in by the line wrapping code of kmail).

-- Karolina

#! /bin/sh
# Jade Wrapper

SGML_EXTRA_CATALOGS=""

while [ $# -gt 0 ]
do case $1 in
  -c|--cat)     if [ -n $SGML_EXTRA_CATALOGS ]; then
                    SGML_EXTRA_CATALOGS=$2
                else
                    SGML_EXTRA_CATALOGS=$SGML_EXTRA_CATALOGS:$2
                fi
                shift 2
                ;;
  -d|--dsl)     SGML_STYLESHEET=$2
                shift 2
                ;;
  *)            SGML_FILE=$1
                shift 1
                ;;
  esac
done

jade -c /etc/sgml/catalog -c $SGML_EXTRA_CATALOGS -t sgml -d
$SGML_STYLESHEET $SGML_FILE

SGML_RETURN=$?

if [ $SGML_RETURN -gt 0 ]
then exit `expr 7 + $SGML_RETURN`