Re: kdelibs-dev uninstallable ... docbook-utils

> > well in theory kdelibs3 should depend on docbook-utils as that is where
> > kdb2html resides which still uses jw...of course the only thing that seems
> > to use kdb2html anymore is 2.1 stuff.
> >
> >     http://www.dulug.duke.edu/~mark/debian/old/
> >
> > if you want docbook-utils...I'm going to remove the dependency on it for
> > now and just hope that it either goes away completely or docbook-utils
> > finally goes into sid.
>
>  Perhaps I am saying nonsense, but I think that development tools for
> documentation in KDE 2.2 will need xml-dtd-4.1.2 which I do not know if are
> part of docbook-utils or not. I have read that in the kde-i18n-doc list. This
> is related to the use of XML for the documentation in the next KDE release.

This is what I know...

   a) I haven't been folowing any of the lists extensivly other than
      that which get's commited to CVS and things on -devel..which I get
      so much of I don't read it all. :)

   b) Things are moving more and more to xml...the help io bits have been
      (and are still being) converted to xml.  Which ties into what you state
      above.

   c) The current kdb2html in kdelibs requires docbook-utils

   d) docbook-utils is just a bunch of wrappers around jade that allows for
      converting SGML into another format (man/html/etc...)

   e) I have no clue what package xml-dtd-4.1.2 would be in or if it's even
      packaged...

I do plan on figuring this out as soon as I remember to do so when I have a
moment. :)

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II