KDE packages and x-resources

I'm running sid.

When I use window managers like icewm, fvwm etc., the x-resources i have
in ~/.Xresources are loaded properly on Xserver startup. The resources
in /etc/X11/app-defaults don't seem to be loaded.

When I install the kde-packages, the opposite is the case: my
~/.Xresources settings aren't loaded, but xrdb -query shows a lot of
entries that i suspect to come from app-defaults.

Has this something to do with the Xsession file ?
When I set up a personal ~/.xsession file, the ~/.Xresources are loaded.

I hope this wasn't too confusing :-)

I would like to know what in the kde-install-procedure changes the
behaviour of x-resources-loading.

regards, Stefan