a question on kde-games

Hello, I've looked over the archives for the last 2 months for
possible solutions and didn't find anything so...

I have a remote machine running Debian (started out as a Storm box)
and have KDE 2.1.1 installed. The users there are also interested in
the games/toys so I installed them for them via SSH and apt-get,
however they are complaining that they cannot play any of them. I
won't be able to get physical access to that box for another day or
two (too busy) but I did add all users to the games group thinking
that might solve things. No such luck. They're strictly a
GUI/point-and-click group of users and they claim that after
selecting any game from the menu they get nothing, not even an error
box.

I know all the games are there as I installed them myself, including
task-kde-games. Now, when these were added, I did the 'task' first
and, seeing that the games themselves didn't install, added them
after. Will reinstalling task-kde-games, now that all the games are
there, fix this? Any suggestions? I'm *really* getting sick of
listening to all the whining about not being able to play their
freakin' games.

TIA, from a frustrated sysadmin
--
Myles Green Calgary AB Canada