Re: a question on kde-games

> I have a remote machine running Debian (started out as a Storm box)
> and have KDE 2.1.1 installed. The users there are also interested in
> the games/toys so I installed them for them via SSH and apt-get,
> however they are complaining that they cannot play any of them. I
> won't be able to get physical access to that box for another day or
> two (too busy) but I did add all users to the games group thinking
> that might solve things. No such luck. They're strictly a
> GUI/point-and-click group of users and they claim that after
> selecting any game from the menu they get nothing, not even an error
> box.
>
> I know all the games are there as I installed them myself, including
> task-kde-games. Now, when these were added, I did the 'task' first
> and, seeing that the games themselves didn't install, added them
> after. Will reinstalling task-kde-games, now that all the games are
> there, fix this? Any suggestions? I'm *really* getting sick of
> listening to all the whining about not being able to play their
> freakin' games.

task-kde-games had all of the games as Recommends and not Depends...I changed
that in the next version.

As for your problem...your not giving me anything to go on. "they get nothing"
can't be true. There has to be a log somewhere that says why it's not
running.

I can say that I do know that the games (at least the ones I just tested)
do work over a ssh connection exporting the display back.

Ivan
--
Ivan E. Moore II