Re: call for help with man pages

On Thursday 12 April 2001 20:02, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> > Do you have a "template" or something we can work off of?  If you had a
> > standard
>
> here is one for konqueror I just threw together..probably still needs some
> tweaks...but it's short sweet and to the point.
>
> Ivan

So, call to arms.  Gather round, my countrymen, and I'll tell you a tale of
Brer..... Nevermind, I think I just mixed four different speeches in two
sentences :-)  Is there a list of the programs that we should be doing this
for?  A central repository to send these to (or just the mailing list) so as
to keep the duplication of effort to a minimum?  Free milkshakes for everyone
that helps?  Just making sure you were still paying attention.  If there is a
way to query dpkg about what binaries there are in the kde packages, that
would at least give us a list to work off of.  If no one else is interested,
I hereby volunteer to help coordinate this, via keeping some sort of list of
what's been done, what's left, and (if  necessary) who's working on what.  I
don't have enough to do at work anyways....  So, to sum up this ramble (it's
late for me), here's what I need to get off the ground:

1) A list of the packages that we need to do this for
2) Hopefully have that list annotated and grouped with "common", "seperate",
and "special" (i.e., Ivan feels he would do a better job) packages marked
3) A (probably) short list of people willing to help out
4) I can't think of anything else.

Response?

The Eternally Tired One,

	D.A.Bishop