AA vs Non-AA (was Re: Konsole and graphical characters)

"Chris L. Mason" wrote:

> This ties into a question I asked a week ago, but unfortunately I didn't
> get an answer.  How can we use the regular xterm fonts in konsole?  I am
> using AA, but I don't need the konsole font to be anti-aliased.

I have the same problem as Joaquim in Konsole, where AA fonts have problems
with box-drawing and other special characters, and other strange view
corruption. I love AA fonts in Konqueror, they have their moments in Konsole,
but I'd rather have full clean functionality in Konsole.

You can get a non-AA Konsole, by, in a shell, setting QT_XFT to 0, and then
running a Konsole from there.

How hard would it be to turn AA on or off per application? KDE used to have
resource controls where you could set certain apps to auto-start
sticky/unsticky, on top, etc, based on Window ID or whatever the X name
properties are. (Does it still have this functionality? I can't find it, and I
miss it. ^_^;;) Something like that for AA would be very cool - control to
enable/disable AA on a per-application basis.

Is the AA checkbox in the Style section in the original KDE? Or is it something
Ivan Moore's added?

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips@murdoch.edu.au :