KAB Problems

Adding an entry to the KAB database is fairly intuitive with pop-up help but
the process of adding or editing an e-mail address is not.

I add the debian-kde lists to KAB, enter the name through the Name tab.  I
then switch to the Contact tab.  Finding I need to click on the Edit email
address tab is fairly obvious but requiring me to click on a camoflauged
square which is the same color as its surroundings and is only deleanated by
a thin black line is most _non-obvious_.  Regardless of the inefficiency of
the dialog design, I achieve my goal after a few days of thought.

Suggestions:  Add a title so that a newbie to the wonderful KDE 2.1 (like
myself) can discern what to do in a glance.  The button row could read as
follows:  "Add Address", "OK", "Apply" and "Cancel", then the other buttons
on the side to manipulate the list.  Make the dialog a bit wider (some people
actually do have "firstname.lastname-ordinal_number@a.very.long.domain"-type
addresss) and every fits in quite nicely.

If you're offended by such non-geek dialog styling and prefer cryptic
designs, go code a skinning module for KMail and create your own skin.

P.S.	Yes, I know the programmers solution -- add a new button that calls the
	procedures called by that camoed button -- but I'm not intimate with
	KMail source code.
--
Robert Tilley
tilleyrw@cfl.rr.com