Re: https support in java (blackdown) for konqueror

On Thursday 08 March 2001 13:53, Christian Mayrhuber wrote:
> Am Thursday 08 March 2001 11:16 schrieb Serge Robyns:
> > I installed the jsse as explianed above and it seems to help.
> > Although I'm getting a different error message than before, I believe the
> > new message is caused by the software from the site.
> >
> > Java VM version: 1.3.0
> > Java VM vendor:  Blackdown Java-Linux Team
> > java.lang.ClassFormatError: fortisbank/install/Installer (Local variable
> > name has bad constant pool index) at
> > java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
> > 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:486)
> > 	at
> > java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:111)
> > at
> > org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletClassLoader.findClass(KJASAppletClassLoader
> >.j ava:289) at
> > org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletClassLoader.loadClass(KJASAppletClassLoader
> >.j ava:335) at
> > org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletStub$1.run(KJASAppletStub.java:82) at
> > java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
>
> Bad...
> I think this is a difference between java 1.1 and 1.2/1.3. I've had the
> same messages with sun 1.3.0, blackdown 1.3.0 and sun 1.3.1 beta1 on some
> applets with konqueror AND mozilla 0.8, so this seems to be a problem in
> the java .class files of the applet.
> The only way to fix this is to force Sun to get compatible with netscape's
> jvm (which will not happen) or to force your bank to make the applet work
> with netscape6/mozilla/konqueror.
> (The online banking applet of my bank doesn't work because of java
> compatibility issues, too)
> Java: Compile once for every java release or struggle everywhere...
>
> --
> wfg,
> chris

Thanks for all the help.  I guess I'm lost on this issue.  It is clear that
Sun won't move.  And the bank is only focusing on the f*#?ing Microsoft IE.
I don't even get full support for Netscape on Linux.

This is a proof that monopoly is not helping the enduser but is keeping him
as a hostage to make even more money.  Maybe one day we will be free ....

Sincerly,
--
Serge Robyns

RC&S (Robyns Consulting & Services)
139, avenue De Fre
1180 Uccle (Brussels) - Belgium

phone: +32 (477) 29.66.87 -+- fax: +1 (801) 469-9358
mailto:serge.robyns@advalvas.be
http://web.wanadoo.be/rc.s/