Re: Kconsole

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 01:35:12PM +0100, Andreas Trottmann wrote:

> So, apparently it seems that you have moved the files around, but not
> "derived the default.keytab.h" (whatever that means :-/ ) before
> building the konsole deb.
>
> I'm downloading the source right now and I'll see whether I can give you
> further assistance on what to do to make konsole's keys work well.

OK... seems that the following thing works:

apt-get source konsole
cd kdebase-2.1.0/konsole/tests
make quote
cd ../include
../tests/quote ../other/default.Keytab >default.keytab.h
cd ../..

dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us -rfakeroot

Maybe the re-build of default.keytab.h should be done at every build
of konsole... it could be included in the Makefile
(include/default.keytab.h depends on other/default.Keytab and can be
built using tests/quote... i'm no makefile expert but it should be
possible somehow.

Like this you wouldn't even need to ship default.keytab.h with the
source, thus eliminating future similar problems.

--
Andreas Trottmann <andreas.trottmann@werft22.com>