packages held back?

I'm trying to upgrade KDE 2.01 on several of my desktops.

My /etc/apt/sources.list uses this line for KDE:
deb file:/mnt/mirror/kde2 potato main crypto optional

Which is an nfs mounted mirror.  Here's what I'm using to mirror:
rsync -v -v -az --delete --delete-excluded \
   --exclude source/ \
   --exclude incoming/ \
   --exclude changes/ \
   --exclude qt1apps/ \
   --exclude sword/ \
   --exclude binary-alpha/ \
   --exclude binary-m68k/ \
   --exclude binary-sparc/ \
   --exclude binary-powerpc/ \
   --exclude beta/ \
   kde.tdyc.com::kde/dists/potato/ .

When I run apt-get update everything returns ok.

When I run apt-get upgrade I get:
The following packages have been kept back
  ark kcalc kcron kdebase kdebase-crypto kdebase-libs kdelibs3
kdelibs3-crypto kfind kmail koffice-libs konqueror
  konsole ksirc kview kword libkonq3 libqt2.2
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 18 not upgraded.

I did dpkg --get-selections | grep  kde* and got:
kdebase                                         install
kdebase-crypto                                  install
kdebase-doc                                     install
kdebase-libs                                    install
kdelibs3                                        install
kdelibs3-crypto                                 install

Is my problem the fact that I am excluding beta?  Should I add that to the
mirror and my sources.list file to get KDE 2.1?  I'm behind a slow
connection, which is why I'm asking first rather than just winging it.

TIA,
Jesse