Re: Konqueror + web auth question

On Sun 17 Dec, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 05:54:05PM +0000, Nick wrote:
> > Can someone explain to me how Konqueror works with website passwords
> > (HTTP_AUTH stuff) ? Every version I've used pops up multiple auth
> > requests (one for the page, plus one for each image on the page) and
> > doesn't seem to remember the damn things.
> >
> > Since I spend most of my life working on development websites with password
> > protected access, this is really annoying!
> >
> > Is it possible to get Konqueror to behave like other browsers and remember
> > the passwords (from page to page, upon browser exit/reload, and across
> > system reboots) ?
>
> I have not had any problems with the auth pieces.  Konq is designed to
> store a password for a site access from a single konq session.  If you have
> 2 browsers open..they are treated totally seperate.  It will never save
> the passwords upon browser exit and definatly not across system reboots...

Well it has never worked correctly for me (even within a single session),
a bug report weeks ago gave no response...

Whatever the developers' paranoia about storing passwords, it should be an
option to save them across browser exit and system reboots. I'm quite happy
for those sorts of passwords to be stored on my machine (even in plaintext) -
the world  wouldn't end if someone hacked in + read them!

Cheers

--
Nick Smith, Webmaster, Climbers.Net UK.          http://www.climbers.net/
Low-cost Internet services for the climbing and outdoor pursuits industry