Re: wait..let's go back a few steps...

> If you are having any sort of trouble with help, then I suspect it is a
> Debian packaging problem of some kind since my traditional builds don't have
> help problems.  I suppose it could be a configuration issue as well.  I
> am still pretty new to KDE2 so I am mostly just taking defaults and doing
> nothing special, but perhaps you are doing some special configuration the
> help system does not like?  To approximate my configuration simply run
> KDE2 on a user account that has never run it before (or wipe out .kde if
> you don't mind destroying your current configuration).
>
> If there are any other help tests you want me to run on my system(s), let me know.

well I am certain it is in the way I am building or with one of the i18n patches
as those are the only differences between upstream and my .debs.

I don't think it's the i18n patches but who knows...if your pulling from CVS
then you would not see those patches.

My question is how are you building them.  Are you using any of the Debian
stuff or are you doing it the old fashion way? (I believe you said old fashion
but I want to clarify as I'm spacy right now)

If your doing it the old fashion way can you tell me the configure line
you are using.

I found the problem with kmidi was due to ./configure not getting
--enable-debug passed to it.  For whatever reason it wants that...so I'm
wondering if there are similar problems...

By default Debian packages are passed a --disable-debug (as per the guy
who built all the configure stuff for KDE)...I'm trying builds currently
without that to see if that helps...

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II