Re: Tasks-Web pages for Debian Junior (Was: Debian-Junior with cdd-dev)

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008, Ben Armstrong wrote:

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 16:57:47 +0200 (CEST)
Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
    http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/junior/tasks/

Looking at the descriptions all at once like that is helpful.

This is exactly what I learned - it became a useful QA tool.

Right
away I see a problem I didn't see before: in 3D Games we
depend on the transitional package armagetron instead of armagatronad,
as we ought to.

This is fixed now.
BTW, You also see several "Homepage not available" fields.  In most cases
this is a clear sign that this package needs more care and the maintainer
did not updated the Homepage information as control field.  That's the reason
why I intentionally do not parse the long description for homepage entries
which would be quite cheap - but you would not have this nice flag.

I used to file bug reports against such pages in Debian Med and turned
most of the packages showing this feature under Debian Med group maintenance.
I guess Debian Games team would be a quite good maintainer for several
packages in Debian Junior.

Kind regards

            Andreas.

--