Re: Accepted kaffe 1:1.1.3-0.1 (i386 source)

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 11:45:28PM +0100, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:

> Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:
>
> > On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 11:41:17AM +0100, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> >
> >> Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:
>
> [...]
> >>
> >> Ludovic Rousseau suggests me to add the title of the bug.
> >>
> >> I've just done it, I'm rebuilding the package and will upload it as it's
> >> finished... but tell me if you have suggestions.
> >
> > This is far superior to what was there before, thank you.
>
> Still not enough?! :p

Well, the fundamental idea of a changelog is to describe what changed in the
package, not to provide a convenient means to close bugs via the .changes
file.  Changelog entries should be focused on the change, not the bug, and
should be descriptive enough to allow someone who was not involved with the
bug report (e.g., most users of the package) to understand what changed.

--
 - mdz