Re: apt and java

Le Vendredi 1 Octobre 2004 18:37, Rishabh Manocha a écrit :
> I have this problem too..apt usually tries to install kaffe when I am
> installing a java program even though i have sun VM(not thru apt). Like
> the other day I was trying to install ant and it said that it will
> install kaffe too and hence I had to abort.
> Is there any way around this??
> thanks

You should try java-package [1] :
Very useful to build JDK ou JRE debian package from a .bin downloaded on sun
website. Create alternative so you can switch easily between sun-jdk1.5,
blackdown-jdk1.4, sun-jdk1.4, kaffe, sablevm, etc !

[1] http://packages.debian.org/java-package

--
Damien Raude-Morvan - DrazziB
GPG : 0x337C7EBB