Re: Java2 libraries

>>>>> "Stephen" == Stephen Zander <gibreel@pobox.com> writes:

>>>>> "Phil" == Phil Pinkerton <pcpinkerton@mindspring.com> writes:
Phil> it is worth a try do I need to install gjc? I am not at my
Phil> debian machine , it maybe already there.Il contact the
Phil> application vender , perhaps they have a non-java version.

Stephen> Opps.  gcj doesn't show as being available on hppa.

True.  As far as I know nobody has ever tried it.

Based on past experience I'd say a base port of gcj to hppa-linux
should be simple.  Probably `configure; make' would do it.  This would
be a port with a few flaws (slow null pointer checks, no reflection,
and the interpreter wouldn't work).

A full port is more difficult.  It requires a lot of understanding of
the platform's assembly language and ABI.  Also the null-pointer
checking code means knowing things about how signal handlers work, and
being able to write some code for gcc.

I don't have access to an hppa linux box so I can't try this myself.

Tom