Re: Blacklisting (postfix rbl) - recent issue with blackhole.securitysage.com

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 01:56:14AM +0100, Robert Hensel wrote:

<snippity to just security sage email />

> >Hello!
> >

> >We have received e-mails from you telling us that some specific
> >domains are blacklisted using blackhole.securitysage.com. None of your
> >domains are blacklisted. Our RHSBL server stopped responding last
> >night and we have worked starting at 6:00 AM local time to fix this
> >issue. We figured out it was a DNS problem and it has been fixed since
> >9:00 AM.
> >
> >Because it was a DNS issue it will take 4 to 24, maximum 48 hours to
> >replicate the changes that we made to all DNS servers in the world.
> >
> >We apologize for the inconvenience and we want to assure you that we
> >are doing our best to prevent this from happening in the future.
> >
> >We appreciate your patience and your understanding.

Well, looking at the DNS for the blackhole:

$ host blackhole.securitysage.com
blackhole.securitysage.com is an alias for resalehost.networksolutions.com.
resalehost.networksolutions.com has address 205.178.189.128
blackhole.securitysage.com is an alias for resalehost.networksolutions.com.
blackhole.securitysage.com is an alias for resalehost.networksolutions.com.
$

The website at www.securitysage.com also appears to go to a
networksolutions holding page...

I'd suggest removing securitysage from your blacklists at this point -
DNS lookups against "resalehost.networksolutions.com" fail, and there's
no telling how long it's going to take them to fix it.

Cheers,
--
Brett Parker