Re: Measuring network traffic on the same interface, to different nets

If you use iptables... set up explicit allow rules... for instance:

iptables -I INPUT 1 -s 202.a(network address) -i eth0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I OUTPUT 1 -o 202.a(network address) -o eth0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I OUTPUT 2 -o eth0 -j ACCEPT

This will setup the rules in the proper order, and you can reset the counters any time you wish, or write a script to collect/reset them and import them to an mrtg compatible file.

-Roger