multiple webcams via one linux box

Hi, I have a project that could potentialy have 85 webcams. The easy thing to do would be to use an Axis network camera and just link to its own webserver from my linux web server (or whatever). But these run about 300 bucks, that would be about 25 grand for 85 cams. X10 on the other hand (I hate their website, it looks like to is from 1994), has much cheaper cameras, and they are wireless. You can get a usb adabpter to input them into a computer. Ummm, anyone have luck linking 85 usb webcams into one linux box? Anyother sugestions?

thanks allot!

--
Bernie Berg            |  bberg@circadesign.com
Network Administrator  |  Office:(605)362-6361