Re: redundancy via DNS

Won't work unless your TTL is set extremely low, and even then other DNS
admins can override that on their servers and cache the "down" site.

Remember, not everyone comes back to you for an authoritative answer for
every lookup.

Using DNS for load-balancing is NOT a good idea, ever.  Or RARELY is is
useful, and it's NOT good for distaster-recovery/redundancy switching.