Qmail - huge performance increase

Hi,

Anyone that has followed this list knows I've been trying to boost Qmail's
outgoing mail performance greatly.

Just thought I'd let everyone know that increasing the number in the
"conf-split" drastically improves performance.

One of the problems I was having earlier was that the customer's server
had a HUGE number of emails, and even just doing "ls" in each directory in
the qmail queue directories would take ages, as there were so many
individual emails queued.

SO... by increasing conf-split to 97 (from the default of 20 something
afaik), each directory ends up only having a hundred or so files. Doing
"ls" now is far speedier.

I couldn't find any documentation anywhere stating this, so I'll share it
with you all :-)

Sincerely,
Jason