Re: exim relay

On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, Matt Fair wrote:

> I want to use my server as my smtp server.  I have switched it to use
> port 26 because my isp filters port 25 for their smtp.  I want to use it
> to send to any domain.   The domain that it is on is

Setup another mailserver to listen to the different port so it can relay
your mail. I have done this exact setup with exim; basically I ran exim
from inetd using port 2500 (new service name I added to /etc/services) and
configured Exim to relay for the other box (host_accept_relay).

  Jeremy C. Reed
  http://www.reedmedia.net/
  http://bsd.reedmedia.net/  -- BSD news and resources
  http://www.isp-faq.com/    -- find answers to your questions