Re: Web interface for mail reading?

Ciao,
 Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 09:27:24PM +1100, Russell Coker wrote:

> Seems rather resource hungry to run though.  It uses more CPU power and RAM
> in the server machine than you would hope for.  Also it's web pages seem a
> bit slow and unoptimised.  For all that it still looks slightly klunky.
I never tried many others, but IMP is great for me: it read M$ .doc
attachments (using mswordview), it can handle users' preferences (the fact
that every user can set the domain they bought is great), and addressbook.
I don't know if other webmail programs do the same, but when I reached IMP I
stopped searching for others :)

--

Bye
                            +--------+ Maybe you are searching for freedom
                            | Enrico |    Maybe you can't find it anywhere
                            +--------+          I found it in linux.......

    But the dangers are greater each year, and now Microsoft has explicitly
 targeted our community. We can't take the future of freedom for granted. Don't
 take it for granted! If you want to keep your freedom, you must be prepared to
   defend it. (C) Richard Stallman http://www.gnu.org/gnu/thegnuproject.html