looking for friendly Harley riders?!!!

Following the recent flurry here, I couldn't resist using that subject
line.

I have hosted a Debian (Hamm!) box with an ISP in Britain for two
years to run apache, sendmail and listar and do a few other things.
I do this 'cos my multiple (if prestigious and interesting!) jobs
create conflicts to try to do what I need from their resources.  The
work is mainly related to supporting psychotherapy and
psychotherapy research.  I went for Debian as the open-source
attitude seemed the strongest of the Linuxes I briefly considered.
I've felt no reason to change.

The work of the server is very low traffic and I think I'm pretty
abuser unfriendly (and will upgrade Debian shortly for that very
reason).  The fees _were_ covered by a large organisation here but
they've withdrawn and the ISP have been _hopeless_ with the
admin with the result that the server was taken off line by them for
several days despite my repeated messages telling them I would
take over paying.

Result is that I'm sick of the ISP and wondering if anyone in Britain
who is Debian friendly might want to make me an offer!  I'm not a
really good sysop (as you'll see from the signature, it's not my
main qualification!) but I have managed the machine fine for two
years and one hosted in a university before it for another year or
so.  I am looking at low cost as an issue but friendly flexibility is
more important after recent experiences.

If you have suggestions, please reply to me off list (and if you want
a summary, ask me off list!).  I'm not sure whether this is mega-
urgent or not urgent at all as the ISP have rather got me by the
short and curlies as they have the machine and I need it to stay
working for my own Email!

Sorry this is rather off-theme.

Chris
Chris Evans <chris@visped.org or chris@psyctc.org>
Consultant Psychiatrist in Psychotherapy,
Rampton Hospital; Associate R&D Director,
Tavistock & Portman NHS Trust;
Hon. SL Institute of Psychiatry
*** My views are my own and not representative
of those institutions ***