Re: installing potate on a sparcserver

> Mario Zuppini wrote:
>
> Hey people, need urgent help
>
> trying to install debian on 3 of our sparcserver10's here, and the
> installation part is fine
> but when it goes to reboot, it wont boot, comes up with error at a
> certain byte of the hdd
>
> but if i change the hard disk parititoning byte changes, leading me to
> beleive it was a hard drive partitioning error.
> So i've tried every known combination to man in my partitioning.
>
> Has anyone had any success at all installing debian (any versions)
> onto a sparcserver 10 ?
>
> King Regards

Hello,

This is a longshot but (from
http://www.reviewboard.com/Section/Cover/SunE450):
"the special Sun 'Whole Disk' partition. This partition (which must
reside as the 3rd partition on this disk) defines the geometrics & size
of the drive"

I like this (from http://www.reviewboard.com/Section/Cover/E10k):
"Linux? Yes the Sun Enterprise 10000 can run Linux to. The UltraSparc II
CPU is fully supported by various Linux distributions" ... "Emails have
been seen on the Linux Kernel development mailing list of kernel
compiles (2.4) in less then 5 seconds. (To give you an idea how this
compares, on a Athlon 1Ghz machine, with a fast 10k SCSI HD, this will
take 4+ minutes)."

/Tobias
--
 Extend Commerce AB