Re: Ploblem in ipv6 tunnel getting through NAT!

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 08:35:00AM +0100, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> Hi hyy,
>
> On Thursday, 17 Mar 2005, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >    I want to establish a ipv6-in-ipv4 tunnel,but my network
> > is intranet.Is there a method to make the ipv6-in-ipv4
> > tunnel getting through the ipv4 NAT,my ipv4 global address
> > is 210.28.160.65,interior ipv4 address(behind the NAT) is
> > 10.28.78.65.
> >    Anyone?
>
> Have a look on the tspc package.
> (apt-get install tspc)
>
> Also http://www.hexago.com/ might be interessting for
> you.

The technical explanation:

You will need to
1) Make the ipv4 NAT nat ipv4 packages with proto 41 (which is a
protocol at the same "level" as tcp and udp)

2) Make the NAT-gateway forward packages with this proto to the tunnel
endpoint machine.

Number 2 might be skippable if the NAT firewall is stateful and all
connections are outbound, but if you want people on the internet to
reach you, and not just opposite, you will need it.
--
- Vegard Engen, member of the first RFC1149 implementation team.