Re: Ploblem in ipv6 tunnel getting through NAT!

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 10:47 +0000, hyy wrote:
>Hi,
>
>   I want to establish a ipv6-in-ipv4 tunnel,but my network
>is intranet.Is there a method to make the ipv6-in-ipv4
>tunnel getting through the ipv4 NAT,my ipv4 global address
>is 210.28.160.65,interior ipv4 address(behind the NAT) is
>10.28.78.65.

You can always try to forward proto-41 packets on the NAT itself.
If that is a linux box (you could do IPv6 on it directly too) otherwise
use:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i <iface> --proto 41 --src <remote_ip> -j
DNAT --to <internal_ip>

This will make send any incoming proto-41 packet to the internal box.
Most 'hardware NAT's have options for a so called DMZ, which basically
does the above trick but for all protocols. Thus turning your endpoint
into the DMZ would have it send all packets forward correctly. Of course
your local endpoint on the internal box still has to be the internal IP
address.

Next to that you can always use things like tinc/OpenVPN/AYIYA/Hexago's
v6udp etc... but that mostly depends completely on the remote side if
they support it.

Greets,
 Jeroen