Re: i18n.debian.net down...

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 06:58:51PM +0100, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting Francesca Ciceri (madamezou@debian.org):
> > On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 07:57:23 +0100 Christian Perrier wrote:
> >
> > > Many probably already noticed but i18n.debian.net is down (and so it
> > > ddtp.debian.net).
> > >
> > > I notified our contact in Extremadura. We'll probably have to wait
> > > until Monday before someone goes to the hosting center there.
> > >
> > > Sorry for the trouble and the lost productive week-end
> >
> > Any news on it?
> > I still can't reach i18n.debian.net with a browser, but
>

> The situation is indeed worrying... César (who lives 150km away fro
> mthe machine) is trying to reach local admins of the hosting center of
> the Junta de Extremadura. However, it seems that many people and
> organisation changed last months, there....and he needs to find who to
> talk to.
>
> Apparently, the local filters and proxies have changed (the machine
> can be pinged) and specific setup we had for churro probably need to
> be configured again.
>
> Really, it is time to move this service. During Debconf a lot of work
> happened for this, but  nothing moved since then, and things aren't
> under my control.

Thank you for the reply (and thank also to Michał to point me to a useful
thread about it).

As David said on
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-l10n-devel/2012-January/001514.html,
if someone could provide a TODO list for the migration, I volunteer to
help on this.

On Thu Jan 12 05:36:56 UTC 2012, Christian Perrier wrote:

> Felipe is the one who has the needed elements, here. During Debconf, he
> (and Nicolas) was building the environment for the replacement machine
> (on a virtual machine prepared by DSA). I'm not sure that anything
> happened since then.

Felipe, Nicolas: ping :)

Cheers,
Francesca
--
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,
but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint is more