Re: Translated packages descriptions progress

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 04:38:54PM +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On 8/10/06, Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> wrote:
> >1.) the ddtp server don't check the translator bevor accepting it
> >1.a) if I have add the review process in the ddtp server, it will
> >     check it in future
>
> Really? I tried to send a translation for one of my own packages, and
> got this result:

> Description-nl: kalender programma dat evenementen bij kan houden
>              transform from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8...
> add the translation in the db
> see http://ddtp.debian.net/ddt.cgi?desc_id=&language=nl
>              transform from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8...
>
> See how the desc_id is blank? It also didn't store it in the database.
> I thought this was because of a check that this description hadn't
> been given to me.

hm, this is a bug.

Can you send this translation to the server again and check it or can
I get the Message-Id of your old mail?

> >2.) If you like to get a package without a reserve, you can use the
> >    web interface on ddtp.debian.net
>
> You mean by wgetting specific pages? Like this URL:
>
> http://ddtp.debian.net/ddt.cgi?desc_id=10960&getuntrans=nl
>
> The hard part is working out which package is which desc_id. However,
> you could parse the output of:
>
> http://ddtp.debian.net/ddt.cgi?package=pal
>
> to work that out. Thanks for the tip.

Yes, but this is only a hack.

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  - a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
«Computers are like air conditioners -- they stop working properly if i