Re: Translated packages descriptions progress

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 02:11:28PM +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On 8/10/06, Gintautas Miliauskas <gintas@akl.lt> wrote:
> >I could of course write a version that sends a flurry of e-mails to
> >DDTP, but that's probably not a very good idea :)  It would be best to
> >talk directly to the database.
>
> AIUI, if you do that it will reserve a chunk of the database to you.

this is right

> When you send a translation it checks first if it has sent it to you
> before accepting it. You can't request a translation for a specific
> package, nor can you request it non-exclusively.

1.) the ddtp server don't check the translator bevor accepting it
1.a) if I have add the review process in the ddtp server, it will
     check it in future

2.) If you like to get a package without a reserve, you can use the
    web interface on ddtp.debian.net

> >In what format would you prefer to get the translations?  Assuming that
> >I do unwrapping, etc., to make translation easier, I suppose that
> >plain .po files would not be very convenient.  It would be best if the
> >same script did the wrapping and the unwrapping.
>
> They way you send stuff to the DDTS with Description-<lang> stuff is
> reasonably straightforward. AFAIK the DDTS doesn't affect wrapping at
> all, when you write the translation you have to get the wrapping right
> there.

this is right too.

all(?) dpkg/apt frontends use the package description / translation
without any wrapping/changing/... The translator and the package
maintainer must make the wrapping.

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -   http://www.feuerwehr.kreuzau.de/wiki/
Ja, aber der Bootvorgang ist doch so schön mit den Wolken und so. Das