Re: Work on a centralized infrastructure for i18n/l10n

> I don't force anybody to use "my pet tool", I just think that the po
> format (using xgettext, xml2pot, po4a or whatever) is the best interface
> for translators. After this, you are free to use the tools you want. I
> think that having the common following interface for every format is
> the best way to be flexible:
>
>                 conversion tool           translation tool
>   original file <--------------> po file <----------------> translator
>

> With this, package maintainers are free to use the format/tools they
> want (xml with xml2pot, sgml with po4a, ...); translation teams are free
> to use the translation tools they want (text editors, pootle, mail
> interfaces, ...).

Yep. What you describe is a situation where PO is the central common
format that's used on the central infrastructure. This means that all
automation/updateness checking tools that exist for handling PO files
can be used on the central system to manage the data presented to
users (users here==translators).

This does not prevent us to propose translators to get the translation
material in whichever format they would like to use....this is what I
understand from your above scheme.