Re: Help needed with DDTP strcture

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 04:49:40PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:

>     martin> Juste a stupid idea: I know Christian is dreaming of
>     martin> setting up a pootle server on debian machines to ease
>     martin> translation works. What about using pootle for the
>     martin> interface?
>
>     I didn't know about  this project. Do you have some more
>     information about it? Is someone working to have it packaged? How
>     dificult is it's installation?

Well. We are seeking for a volunter to package it, actually. Christian keeps
proposing my name, and I keep eluding the question. If you want to fill an
ITP, you're welcome.

About the installation difficulty, I didn't try myself, but the exchanged
mails on the project mailing list seem to imply that it's not really
difficult.

IMHO, the tricky part will be to interface it with all the code pieces we
have here and there (dl10n, amongst others), and the new ones we will
develop to fully leverage the beast.

We may eventually actually implement the dreams of a system automatically
extraction all the translatable material from uploaded packages, and doing
automatique binary-only upload when the translation are provided back...

But that's a bit early to discuss it, actually. Let's find someone accepting
to install it on debian server (and an host for it), let's Christian, Seppy
and other use it to translate packages not as logistically challenging as
what I just described (such as the installer). And *then*, let's think about
what the next step is :)

Bye, Mt.