Help needed with DDTP strcture

Hello folks,

Along with a few other localisation-involved people, I am trying to
have DDTP structure working again we are very near of it but we'll
need your help.

For those who are unaware, the DDTP is the Debian Descriptions
Translation Project, aimed at offering a structure for Debian packages
descriptions translations.

The client side of the structure is already done since my patch for
APT was already ported to APT 0.6 codebase and is waiting for the server
side implemantation to be merged.

Here I come with the need for help for that server side ...

The server uses some code written on Perl to collect the tranlations
and send them to translators via a mail gateway. This part of the
system works well but was operating on some Debian machines which were
compromised in November 2003.

Since then, noone has audited the code and it cannot be safely
re-activated.

What I propose is:

People who want to help us should create an Alioth account and ask
us to add them to the DDTP project;

This will activate commit access to our SVN repository. This
repository has one branch called 'unchecked' : this is the part that
needs auditing against trojans and other unwanted code.

The checking process will be:

 - Each file must be review twice to be able to go to the trunk;

 - Each reviewer should add a review header line:

   # Sign-off: Otavio Salvador Date: 2005-06-15

 - A dedicated tool will then be used to move the files to the trunk

 - As soon as all files have been reviewed, the server will be revived

This is a simple and efficient process for which some helper tools can
be written:

 - add-sign: tool to add the sign header. A file signed by two
   reviewers is moved to the trunk by this tool

 - check-file: look in the repository and find a file needing some review

Could you please send comments to this proposal?

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116