Re: sysvinit and hurd

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 05:43:13PM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:

>    A while ago, a couple of base packages were only available on
>    ftp.gnuab.org and crosshurd needed ftp.gnuab.org to work
>    properly. I haven't checked lately, perhaps matters have changed.

> As I said, alpha.gnu.org in the good old days was just a temporary
> dump site for quick hacks.  The less it is supported the better
> infact.  On a "perfectly" working Debian system you should only need
> to have ftp.debian.org in your sources.list, nothing else.

This still holds for gnuab.

Debian policy is that binaries must be produced from the source in the
archive.  gnuab is generally for packages that have required special
hacks, and for other packages that depend on those hacks.

We should find pressure relieved on those a bit now that glibc has been
uploaded to the main Debian archive again.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
Ignorance was bliss.