Re: PPtop 0.1.1

--- Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek <hramrach_l@centrum.cz> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 09:00:01PM -0700, James Morrison wrote:
> > the alive filter, and the parent filter.  The filters can also now be
> turned
>
> It is great, now there is a working top on the Hurd (Apple did not manage
> to make one on OS X).
>
> But the readme does not seem updated ;-)

 I'm not surprised, I think I forgot the README existed.  I do gladly accept
documentation patches :)

> I would add a notice into the help screen that uppercase makes pptop sort
> in descending order (and lowercase in ascending).

 Humm, a note at the bottom, similar to the notes at the bottom of the filter
screen would work, thanks.

> The vmstat statistics look like they are almost completely wrong.
> I have 243M swap as reported by swapon -a:
> swapon: /dev/hd0s5: Linux 2.2 swap signature v1, 248972k swap-space (excludes
> 8k at end of partition)

 vmstat is wrong.  I submitted a patch
 http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=406&group_id=30
which should corrects this.  I say vmstat is wrong because it tries to total
the memory used by various sources instead of just getting the total memory
value which is available.

> --
> Michal Suchanek
> hramrach@centrum.cz

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone referring to this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU