Re: Debian packages moved from alph.gnu.org into mirror system?

--- Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> Normally, we just use the standard Debian archive.  However, sometimes we
> upload packages to alpha.gnu.org.  This is usually for one of two reasons:
> 1. The Debian version doesn't compile without changes, and takes a long
>    time to fix.
> 2. We need a dummy package to fix broken dependencies, like versioned
>    dependencies on libc6-dev packages, which take a long time to fix, too.

 I think if a package depends on a versioned libc6-dev it is broken.  Doesn't
the alpha port use libc6.1-dev?  So, if a versioned libc-dev is needed, the
maintainer should list libc0.3-dev, libc6-dev, and libc6.1-dev.

> This happens spontaneous, as we find such issues.
>
> Thanks,
> Marcus

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone referring to this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU