Re: Filing Hurd-porting patches in the BTS or upstream? (was: where do...)

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 02:21:52PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
>  - send the bug to the BTS
>  - set "upstream" tag and s end Cc' to the upstream

Now that is an idea.  I will try this the couple of next times and see how
it goes.  I am just a bit worried about upstream replying to
submit@bugs.debian.org instead of the bug number though.  Wasn't there a
different field that made the BTS forward the mail for me with a proper CC
set?

>  - severity: normal/minor/whishlist, depending on the problem w/o changes

Grrrrrr.... ;)  [I still say compilation problems on the Hurd are important
if not serious... argh, different thread, different thread, sorry]

>  - if you provide a _tested_ patch, send the patch tag, otherwise DO NOT

Sure.  Here is one more for unreleased architectures:

- Do not set the sid tag, it does not do what you mean (unless you know what
  it means ;)

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de