Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Sun, 19 May 2002, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 06:22:45AM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> > There's a trust issue invovled here.  CIM(you do know what that is, don't
> > you?) requires notifications to be sent to the US gov't for ALL new packages.
> > This slows things down.
>
> Ouch.  Well, dpkg is just stalled because of by-hand, and libc0.3 is just
> renamed from libc0.2 because of the ABI change.  Do you know if renaming
> requires to file notifications?

dpkg is not stalled, it's ACCEPTED.  The bugs have been closed that were
listed in it's changelog.

No idea on the renaming.

> > No, GNU is GNU, GNU/hurd is GNU working on top of hurd.  The '/' between the
> > words means they are separate, not one.

> [snip]

I have now been informed.

However, I reserve the right to loose my memory, and be incorrect about this
in the future.  I don't deal with the hurd in my every waking hour, so most
things about it will leave my feable mind, due to lack of use(or desire).