Re: Gnu Hurd bochs images

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 08:05:53PM -0400, Jeremy Andrews wrote:
> Robert,
>
>   I'm only reading half the story here (your replies)...  In any case, is my
> linking to your pages causing a problem?  Certainly not my intention, and I
> sincerely apologize if this is the case.  I, for one, was simply excited to find
> your Bochs images, and to be playing with the Hurd!  :^)

You're excused, of course. Thank you for fixing it.

I posted a link here for other people in this list to test it and fix
problems. The average reader of kerneltrap, however, is likely interested
on trying new things but not expecting an incomplete image which doesn't work.

He/she would probably be dissapointed. I would prefer not to distribute it
untill (at least) the installation is completed and installing packages
doesn't crash. I'd appreciate an article in kerneltrap then :)

>   If there's a bandwidth issue, I'd be happy to mirror a copy of the images.

Well, it's been quite overloaded. I was planning to send the image to the
Bochs people later, so that they put at sourceforge.

--
Robert Millan

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992