Re: Porting man-db to Hurd

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 05:41:45PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > #0  0x010c67a1 in memset () from /lib/libc.so.0.3
> > No symbol table info available.

I recommend libc0.3-dbg and LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib/debug

(I wish we had debugging symbols in Debian! [someday I will have to write
this "unstrip" utility])

> That looks remarkably like #111288/#139962 in libdb2, although it's
> previously only been reported on sparc.

Yeah, looks similar.  Thanks for pointing this out.

> If anybody cares to try to debug that, I'm sure Matthew would appreciate
> it - I don't have the skills to dig into db2. For what it's worth,
> man-db will be switching to libdb3 soon anyway.

I think waiting for db3 is ok for us, but of course, as with any bug, one
would like to know what happens so to make sure it doesn't crop up any later
time. ;)

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de